How I got my Baby to Take Naps

March 24, 2017 No Comments

How I got my Baby to Take Naps

March 24, 2017 No Comments

IMG_4362.JPG
I cannot believe I went through one full kid without knowing about these magical inserts that make babies sleep. I’m legitimately amazed at how it has transformed my afternoons. A couple of weeks ago, Preston would NOT take two naps and honestly, I was lucky to even get one (besides the lame 30 minute cat or car naps all moms just love).
Fast-forward to today and he’s a napping pro and it really did change as soon as this bad boy arrived; the DockATot Grand. You might be rolling your eyes at the fact that this is clearly a sponsored post, but guys I swear I will not put a product on my blog without really believing it’s cool or worth your while.
As soon as we put this thing in his crib, he instantly started napping two times a day – and he puts himself to sleep with ease. I’m not saying this is guaranteed to happen with ALL babies, but I do know two other mama’s who have had similar experiences.
I think there’s something about them feeling a little more secure while laying inside a DockATot. Cribs can seem a little large for babies; even a 12 month old like Preston. Also, crib mattresses are kinda hard (I’ve always thought that) and I think the DockATot provides Preston some comfort and a snuggle-factor that a crib mattress and sheet cannot.
If your baby already sleeps great, how nice for you. If you’re struggling to get your baby to nap (or even sleep through the night), I highly recommend you giving this product a try! It totally worked for us!
Xo,

• Katie March 24, 2017 at 11:28 pm

I’m really tempted to try this product, two things I’m worried about. One: it’s so expensive and what if it’s totally useless for my kid and Two: suffocation risk. My son is 10 months and doesn’t roll around too much but he does still end up on his tummy squished up against the crib bars some times. Does it have a strap or something that prevents the baby from getting underneath it? Do you have any offer codes or info on return options?? Thanks and I love the blog!

• houseofmitchells March 28, 2017 at 5:19 pm

Hi Katie! Totally understand your worries! The price is something I can understand, but they won’t return products that have been used. So you sort of have to try it out at your own risk. If it ends up not working out for you, perhaps you could try to sell on a local facebook yard sale group or something (that’s what I would do). The Grand dock is so large there’s no way my 12 month old would end up underneath it. Also, as you can see in this pic his face is sort of at the edge, but he’s old enough now to move himself around as necessary. DockATot say that the Grand dock is designed for babies who are 9+ months old. The Deluxe dock (for babies under 8 months) is made out of breathable material so younger babies are protected. Here’s what I was able to find for you regarding the breathability of the Deluxe (pasted below), but your babe is big enough for the Grand. My rule of thumb is always to tell moms to trust their mom gut! If you feel uneasy about it, don’t get it! All I can share is my personal experience with it, which has been positive. Thanks so much for reading my blog! And thank you for sharing your concerns!
      xo,
      Is the DockATot™ breathable for baby?
      The Deluxe pod is designed with air-permeability in mind, so that the baby’s face (mouth and nose) sits comparatively high in relation to the sides. The sides are low and also rounded. A baby correctly positioned in the dock, i.e. on his back, is breathing into “open air” so to speak. The design is made with consideration to not trap used air (breath; carbon dioxide). Unlike other bassinets or baskets, the dock’s interior has been carefully engineered in order to achieve maximum breathability.

• houseofmitchells March 28, 2017 at 5:22 pm

Another thing Katie, I did get a discount code which I’ll be sharing later today via my instagram @houseofmitchells – it gives you $10 off

• notinjersey March 28, 2017 at 5:52 pm

I don’t have babies anymore but mine were impossible with naps so I had to read this! I wish I’d had the option of something like this for help with naps!

• Joanna March 28, 2017 at 6:46 pm

I have seen this everywhere and all I can think is, “where was this when my babies were little???” 🙂

• JEEYOUNG March 28, 2017 at 8:05 pm

I can’t wait to try the DockATot with our lil bundle coming this summer!

• jeeyoung | life + style March 28, 2017 at 8:06 pm

I can’t wait to try our DockATot with our new lil babe this summer!

• Kelly March 28, 2017 at 8:48 pm

We have a DockATot to try for our new babe this summer! I’m excited!

• Lisa Clark (@writinginjersey) March 28, 2017 at 9:05 pm

That’s awesome! I wish I’d had that with my babies.

• Brit Strawbridge March 29, 2017 at 1:32 am

I want one so badly for our little girl coming in June! Your post is convincing me more and more! Not that I needed it! haha 🙂

• babiestobookworms March 29, 2017 at 2:04 am

I wish I had this when my daughter was an infant! It took almost a year for her to take a regular nap. They were always sporadic if they happened at all!

• Latasha March 29, 2017 at 12:46 pm

Oh, wow! I totally would try the DockATot with my little boy who just turned 6 months.

• Katrina + Every Super Woman March 29, 2017 at 3:16 pm

The docAtot was seriously a life saver for us too!

• Lindsey March 31, 2017 at 12:27 pm

This thing seems like a miracle worker! Wish I had one when my girls were babies!!

• allaroundthebuttercup April 24, 2017 at 11:08 pm

The dockatot helped my little so much! About to get the grande!

• Had the best Sunday celebrating the birthday twins 👯 🎂 Today @ktrec and tomorrow, @laurenerickson1027. I’m sure glad these two babes were born 34 years ago...these girls are my sunshine on a cloudy day ❤️ ⛅️ swipe for some major throwbacks ➡️
    • Fridays are for flashbacks, so here I am 26 years young after I had just said my vows to the love of my life @ryancurtismitchell. My bouquet was so heavy, my forearms were sore for days afterwards 💐🏋🏻‍♀️😂
    • “The days are long but the years are short”
💫
Today I’ve been reflecting a little bit on time as we approach the year 2019; just one year shy of the year 2020, which kind of boggles my mind when I sit and really think about it. 💫
How has it really been that long? I had Porter in 2013 when I was 28 years old and in so many ways it feels like yesterday. How am I in my mid thirties already? How was college graduation literally 11.5 years ago? How is it that Ryan and I have been together for 10 years and married for 6? 💫
My 92 year old grandmother often tells me she doesn’t feel 92 and I’m really starting to understand. I guess all we can do in this life is appreciate every moment because in a blink of an eye, we will wonder how that said moment was so long ago. 💫
This also makes me think about how life is too short to spend time with negative people or drink bad wine. And also I need to get some Botox. 😂🍷💉
    • I graduated from high school in 2003, so I vividly remember the days of film/photo albums. As digital cameras and social media took over, printing photos became kind of a rare thing for me to do. I’ve had so many scares where I think digital photos have been lost forever and I personally know people who have tragically lost precious baby/wedding photos 😭. So when I got the opportunity to partner up with @google using Google Photos, I was intrigued! On my phone and within literally FIVE minutes, I was able to create this album of our trip to Maui from over the summer. It was the easiest thing ever using the Google Photos app, cost about $20, and they have free standard shipping until 12/12! This album has already been a coffee table conversation piece and my kids have been fondly reminiscing our trip 😍. My new normal is definitely to have Google Photo albums! These are also awesome Christmas gifts 🎁🤩#googlephotos #photobooks #googlepartner
    • Christmas magic through their eyes ✨🎄🎅🏻
    • Yesterday we had our first parent-teacher conference for TK and it turned out to be much more thorough than I would have imagined. It was so amazing to hear feedback from his teacher about this boy we’ve been trying to mold & raise for the past 5 years. So many things said about him that made me just beam with pride, but the most profound praise was that he exhibits an unusual sense of empathy and compassion for others. If there was any one trait in this world I could hope for my kids to have, it would be that❤️ #portercurtis
    • Porter: I wish it was Saturday.
Me: Why?
Porter: So I can be here and do hugs with you all day.
Porter said this to me as I was hugging him. He went from driving me crazy (arguing with basically everything I say all day, urrrday) to making me cry with his sweet words. Hello emotional roller coaster 🤪😭😍❤️
    • When you rush into your toddler’s room because of the silence and find this 🤷🏻‍♀️. I don’t even know who you are anymore Presto 😂 #prestonhenry #thisistwo
    • Thankful for these goofs today and everyday 💙💙 #porterandprestonm #builtinbestfriend @dianaelenaphotos