Hey Diddle Diddle 1st Birthday

March 20, 2017 No Comments

Hey Diddle Diddle 1st Birthday

March 20, 2017 No Comments

First birthdays have always been a big deal, but millennial moms have taken it to a whole new level if you ask our Baby Boomer parents. What can I say? That’s just how we roll…
Preston’s first birthday was definitely not as detail oriented as his big brother’s was because it’s just harder to plan parties with two kids in tow (second child syndrome) and also, Preston had Croup just one week earlier so we were a little distracted.
Still, I wanted Preston to have a special first birthday.
I decided on a Hey Diddle Diddle theme because Preston gets particularly excited whenever he hears that nursery rhyme. It’s pretty adorable :).
I didn’t find a ton of Hey Diddle Diddle party ideas on Pinterest that I liked, so I sort of just threw this together. I picked some colors and ran with it — I threw in some Hey Diddle Diddle references here and there, but it was definitely understated because I just couldn’t spend the kind of time on this that I would have liked. I kept the menu easy by having a sandwich bar. The smash cake and cupcakes were made by my favorite Sacramento bakery, Freeport Bakery. Here are some pics for inspo in case you ever want to use this party theme!
IMG_2514IMG_2510
IMG_2544.JPGIMG_4248.JPG.jpgIMG_2583.JPGIMG_2605.JPG
IMG_2533IMG_2524IMG_2526IMG_2527IMG_2530IMG_2529IMG_2528IMG_2532

• babiestobookworms March 23, 2017 at 6:15 pm

I love this idea! We had a song version of this rhyme at camp growing up and once I sang it to my daughter it became one of her favorites! I will have to remember this for her birthday!

• Nostalgia Diaries March 23, 2017 at 7:27 pm

This is so adorable! I love that theme!

• themomnoms March 23, 2017 at 9:35 pm

Happy birthday little man! It looks like you had a great time. And congrats mama you made it through a year and threw an amazing birthday party!

• Leila March 23, 2017 at 10:49 pm

It looks like an amazing birthday party, well done mama! Happy birthday little man!

• sally (@lovestalgia) March 24, 2017 at 9:01 am

What a gorgeous theme and party! Love all the details!!

• Angel March 24, 2017 at 12:53 pm

So cute! Love the birthday cake

• homeboundbuthopeful March 24, 2017 at 6:59 pm

This is such a cute and unique theme! I love all the extra details you included to really bring the party together- it looks like such a fun and festive time!

• thekeeledeal March 24, 2017 at 9:11 pm

So cute! I love the idea of using hey diddle diddle for a birthday!

• savagesevenblog March 25, 2017 at 2:39 am

This was super creative and cute and as a cake artist, I LOVE his cake! Everything looks perfect and I loved the wine with the juice boxes! My youngest son’s middle name is Preston 🙂 -Breyona Sharpnack

• Danielle March 25, 2017 at 12:43 pm

I love this idea! Looks like everything turned out super cute. So sorry he had croup right before his birthday. No fun.