All you need is Love and a JORD Wood Watch

January 19, 2017 No Comments

All you need is Love and a JORD Wood Watch

January 19, 2017 No Comments

img_1956Valentine’s Day has always seemed a little silly to me. I never understood why society needed a designated day to celebrate love. After all, Ryan and I celebrated each other all the time with dates, sweet notes, random flowers, and just laughing and enjoying life together.
It sounds like it was all sunshine and roses because for the most part, it was. We very rarely had any sort of an argument and we did everything together! We wrote love notes; he brought me random bouquets of flowers; we had date nights every single night, even if that just meant we were at home; we took trips together; we watched entire movies together; we went on runs together; we went wine tasting like every other weekend.
Then we had a kid.
Ok, I started to sort of get it. But still, Valentine’s Day seemed a bit blown up to me.
Then we had a second kid.
And now, I GET IT.
I finally understand that Valentine’s Day serves a purpose: It forces you to designate time to celebrate your special relationship, even while entrenched (maybe even drowning) in parenthood.
Honestly, Ryan and I can barely have a conversation when the kids are awake and by the time they’re in bed, we are pretty drained. Our feeling of togetherness is constantly interrupted by a chatty three year old, diapers, picking up toys, cleaning up messy floors 700 times a day, the never ending laundry, the time-outs, the crying, the kissing of the boo boos, the frantic “what’s in Preston’s mouth!” It’s no big shocker why marriages statistically suffer after having kids.
We’ve had countless discussions about how important it is that we make time for each other, but that’s easier said than done when you have young kids. Never before have I cherished moments alone with Ryan like I do now. With one kid, all we had to do was put Porter down for a nap and boom, alone time. But with two, there’s a good chance their naps won’t overlap, giving you zero breaks and it’s exhausting.
Romance has become less grandiose and more about the tiny moments that the kids can’t take away from us, like when Ryan comes up behind me while I’m cooking dinner to give me a kiss; or when we bring each other drinks; the rare occasion when we write each other a note by the coffee pot; the hug that lasts way longer than normal even though Preston is fussing and Porter is saying something completely ridiculous; the offering to take one or both kids to the store so the other parent can get a break; the sharing of tasks when it’s time to get the kids bathed and in bed; couch snuggles during that small window of time between the kids going to bed and us passing out – this is what parenthood romance looks like for us.
And while I’m so very grateful for these sweet moments, it’s not enough. I want more.
I want more of Ryan all to myself. I want more of what we used to have, without giving less to my sweet babies. I want it all.
How the heck do we do this? Literally asking the question because I have yet to find the perfect solution. If you’ve found it, please comment below and tell me what you do. If it involves hundreds of dollars in babysitting money, your advice won’t help me.
I think the answer could be something really simple though; carving out time. If we want more time together, we just have to reserve it. It sounds so simple, so why can’t we do it? Even if it’s just a quick trip out to lunch, a picnic to keep it simple, a movie, a hike, whatever. All we really need is some quality time together that doesn’t involve our little humans we made. I want to recommit to this on Valentine’s Day.
I decided to give Ryan a JORD Wood Watch for an early Valentine’s Day present because it perfectly commemorates how important quality time is for our marriage to stay strong. I want him to look at the watch everyday and remember how much I love spending quality time with him. I gave Ryan this one, but there are so many awesome designs to choose from. It’s a unique watch because it’s literally made out of wood – I love that it’s sleek but rustic at the same time and Ryan’s obsessed. You can click on the links below to see all the different cool watches. I’ve even been eying the women’s line and I like what I see!

JORD Wood Watch Links:

GIVEAWAY – win $25 towards a watch just for entering, could win up to $100!
Men’s Shop
Women’s Shop
Luxury Wooden Watch
img_1947

This is a sponsored post, but all thoughts and opinions are my own

• Lori VanHamersveld January 19, 2017 at 7:01 am

Those look great! Can’t wait to get one for Dan.

• Belle January 19, 2017 at 3:27 pm

What a beautifully written post and what a beautiful watch!
    Belle | One Awesome Momma

• lisabenavidez January 19, 2017 at 7:04 pm

What great post and cool watch! 🙂

• Stephanie January 20, 2017 at 11:26 am

What a beautiful post (and GORGEOUS watch)!

• Jalisa Marie January 20, 2017 at 3:09 pm

That’s the perfect Valentines Day Gift.

• morgan @ lilies and lambs January 20, 2017 at 3:33 pm

Love wood watches! So pretty!

• Marla | Because I Said So Baby January 20, 2017 at 7:01 pm

I agree that marriage kind of gives you a new reason to celebrate Valentine’s Day. Love this watch! My husband would definitely like something like this.

• itsahero January 23, 2017 at 1:14 am

Oh my gosh, I ADORE that watch!

• […] might remember me telling you all about my husband’s Valentine’s Day present, the JORD Wood Watch. I never knew about these chic […]