Why I love Freshly Picked Moccs

January 7, 2017 No Comments

Why I love Freshly Picked Moccs

January 7, 2017 No Comments

IMG_2093.JPG
When I was pregnant with Porter and found out he was a boy, I became very focused on finding cute boy clothes. In my head, boy clothes meant ugly spider man shirts, onesies with teddy bears on them that say “mommy loves me,” bulky Velcro shoes that light up, and whatever other hideous thing you can think of.
Thankfully, all I had to do was a little Google searching to find cute, stylish clothes I now exclusively dress my boys in, aside from occasional ugly footie pajamas (pajamas get a free pass because they’re warm and not worn in public for the most part).
One of the first brands I fell in love with back in 2013 is Freshly Picked, and I wasn’t the only one. Since then, the brand has expanded and it’s become wildly successful.
At $60 a pair, I admit it took me a little while to bite the bullet and buy a pair for Porter when he was a baby; he didn’t have his first pair until he was about a year old. Once I had them, I regretted not buying them sooner because they are AMAZING. They made my life so much easier because they’re super easy to put on (even with squirmy baby feet), they’re made with real leather with solid construction, they’re durable, they’re stylish AND they stretch, so your babe will be able to wear them for longer than he/she would a more traditional shoe.
logo (1).jpgSince then, Freshly Picked has blown up. They’re so successful, they were able to reduce the cost of making some of the classic colors and they passed that savings on to their customers, because they’re awesome. They also frequently have sales, so you can always get your hands on a pair for less than $60. Check www.freshlypicked.com to see the latest prints and styles, and also to find the reduced priced moccs! Needless to say, my second son Preston has been wearing Freshly Picked moccs since his first month of life. Now that he’s almost 10 months old, he practically lives in them.IMG_2048 2.jpg

img_2034
I should mention that there are a gazillion knock-off Freshly Picked moccs being sold out there and I have to admit, I did succumb to ordering a pair once and the quality just didn’t compare. They didn’t fit his feet as well, the material felt cheap and they weren’t nearly as durable. I would take one pair of genuine Freshly Picked moccs over 10 pairs of fakies any day!

Post sponsored by Freshly Picked, but all opinions are 100 percent my own.

• tiffanybean January 8, 2017 at 12:08 am

Love these light grey Mocs and Preston’s adorable overalls!

• houseofmitchells January 10, 2017 at 10:03 pm

Thank you! The jumper is from Janie and Jack and I got them on major sale during the summer time while I was pregnant 🙂

• Denaye | Simple Families January 10, 2017 at 12:10 am

We have the grey too!

• Mandy January 10, 2017 at 1:30 am

We have a pair and love them!!

• houseofmitchells January 10, 2017 at 10:03 pm

They really are the best shoe ever for babies. Sooo easy to put on compared to every other shoe we’ve tried

• Lacey January 10, 2017 at 12:45 pm

FP mocs are seriously so cute!
    xx,
    Lacey

• houseofmitchells January 10, 2017 at 10:04 pm

They are THE BEST. All the knock off ones suck haha

• Angel January 10, 2017 at 3:36 pm

Those are the cutest shoes!

• Lindsey January 10, 2017 at 3:52 pm

I adore their mocs! Wish I had picked some up when my girls were babies! They’d make a great gift, though!

• houseofmitchells January 10, 2017 at 10:05 pm

My first born wore his until he was about 2 – that was when he started putting holes in them because he was so active. FP does make some hard soled shoes though, you should check those out!

• Nicole Banuelos January 10, 2017 at 6:45 pm

We have been shopping Freshly Picked for over 2 years now and have never been disappointed! They are the best!

• houseofmitchells January 13, 2017 at 3:21 pm

They really really are! Plus they’re a great company, made in USA etc.

• mothersoulshares January 10, 2017 at 7:52 pm

These are super cute! My lil guy used to wear moccs all the time as a baby 😉

• lrramnath January 10, 2017 at 10:00 pm

I love those on little ones! I haven’t heard of this brand but I will definitely have to check them out if I ever have another little one.

• houseofmitchells January 13, 2017 at 3:19 pm

Totally check them out! I know they’re a little pricey but like was saying, one pair of these in my opinion is better than 6 pairs of something cheaper that would add up to the same price as a pair of these anyway!

• itsahero January 11, 2017 at 1:32 am

I LOVE FP! By the way, when I was pregnant with our son (now 4), I was convinced there weren’t any cute boy clothes. But I was SO WRONG! They are ADORABLE!

• Jerry Callahan January 12, 2017 at 4:48 am

This seems like a great product to poise my five month-old to become label-obsessed. Can’t wait to get rid of her “hideous” Wal-Mart onesies and her cliche infant wardrobe. What matters here is that my child understands important life-lessons like “how to spot a knock-off” and when to tell a person that pajamas are unacceptable in public. If she doesn’t, who will?
    I’m exited to see how superficial she becomes, and when her marriage fails because of her materialism, or if she chooses to pole-dance because that profession
    empowers her financially, whether it be a Michael Kors pacifier for her illegitimate son or Prada baby wipes, at least I’ll feel good knowing that I provided more than just nurturing, love, and warmth – I gave her the best moccasins a small child cannot scientifically remember, nor process, nor appreciate.

• houseofmitchells January 13, 2017 at 2:38 pm

Wow! I’m so sorry this post clearly offended you. I have plenty of Carter’s onesies and have bought plenty of basic plain pieces from Walmart (jeans and t shirt type stuff) and was lucky enough to have many items given to me by a friend with an older boy who has similar style. My having a preference of how I dress my boys has nothing to do with money. I think we are all allowed to have an opinion on how we dress our babies. Making a generalization and claiming this is materialistic is extremely rude and judgemental. You seem to have contempt for me liking Freshly Picked moccasins which is odd to me. This post was meant to share with other moms the success I’ve had with a shoe brand. I wrote about the knock offs and their lack of quality because the ones I bought were really bad quality. Had they been better quality, I would have happily kept buying them. Again, really sorry my liking Freshly Picked seems to strike such a chord and upset you to this degree; enough to attack me and my fundamental values. My having a shoe preference for my babies in no way shape or form was insinuating that LOVE isn’t the most important thing that I give them. I wish the best for you and your babes.

• Onlygirl4boyz January 13, 2017 at 2:21 pm

Those are so super cute! Too bad my little guy is too big for them now!

• houseofmitchells January 13, 2017 at 3:18 pm

Bummer! I was so sad when my oldest got too big for them 🙁

• Had the best Sunday celebrating the birthday twins 👯 🎂 Today @ktrec and tomorrow, @laurenerickson1027. I’m sure glad these two babes were born 34 years ago...these girls are my sunshine on a cloudy day ❤️ ⛅️ swipe for some major throwbacks ➡️
    • Fridays are for flashbacks, so here I am 26 years young after I had just said my vows to the love of my life @ryancurtismitchell. My bouquet was so heavy, my forearms were sore for days afterwards 💐🏋🏻‍♀️😂
    • “The days are long but the years are short”
💫
Today I’ve been reflecting a little bit on time as we approach the year 2019; just one year shy of the year 2020, which kind of boggles my mind when I sit and really think about it. 💫
How has it really been that long? I had Porter in 2013 when I was 28 years old and in so many ways it feels like yesterday. How am I in my mid thirties already? How was college graduation literally 11.5 years ago? How is it that Ryan and I have been together for 10 years and married for 6? 💫
My 92 year old grandmother often tells me she doesn’t feel 92 and I’m really starting to understand. I guess all we can do in this life is appreciate every moment because in a blink of an eye, we will wonder how that said moment was so long ago. 💫
This also makes me think about how life is too short to spend time with negative people or drink bad wine. And also I need to get some Botox. 😂🍷💉
    • I graduated from high school in 2003, so I vividly remember the days of film/photo albums. As digital cameras and social media took over, printing photos became kind of a rare thing for me to do. I’ve had so many scares where I think digital photos have been lost forever and I personally know people who have tragically lost precious baby/wedding photos 😭. So when I got the opportunity to partner up with @google using Google Photos, I was intrigued! On my phone and within literally FIVE minutes, I was able to create this album of our trip to Maui from over the summer. It was the easiest thing ever using the Google Photos app, cost about $20, and they have free standard shipping until 12/12! This album has already been a coffee table conversation piece and my kids have been fondly reminiscing our trip 😍. My new normal is definitely to have Google Photo albums! These are also awesome Christmas gifts 🎁🤩#googlephotos #photobooks #googlepartner
    • Christmas magic through their eyes ✨🎄🎅🏻
    • Yesterday we had our first parent-teacher conference for TK and it turned out to be much more thorough than I would have imagined. It was so amazing to hear feedback from his teacher about this boy we’ve been trying to mold & raise for the past 5 years. So many things said about him that made me just beam with pride, but the most profound praise was that he exhibits an unusual sense of empathy and compassion for others. If there was any one trait in this world I could hope for my kids to have, it would be that❤️ #portercurtis
    • Porter: I wish it was Saturday.
Me: Why?
Porter: So I can be here and do hugs with you all day.
Porter said this to me as I was hugging him. He went from driving me crazy (arguing with basically everything I say all day, urrrday) to making me cry with his sweet words. Hello emotional roller coaster 🤪😭😍❤️
    • When you rush into your toddler’s room because of the silence and find this 🤷🏻‍♀️. I don’t even know who you are anymore Presto 😂 #prestonhenry #thisistwo
    • Thankful for these goofs today and everyday 💙💙 #porterandprestonm #builtinbestfriend @dianaelenaphotos