Men's Gift Guide, written by him

December 14, 2016 No Comments

Men's Gift Guide, written by him

December 14, 2016 No Comments

img_2152

I started compiling a “men’s gift guide” earlier this month and it occurred to me midway through that it might be helpful to get a man’s perspective. I trashed my gift guide and asked my husband to compile one. Full disclosure, my husband is by no means a fashionista. He’s an engineer and he’s kinda low maintenance, other than his difficulty finding a good jean (he’s 6’5”, slim waist). When I reviewed his picks, I was glad I did this because there are items on here I never would have included. If you’re like me and still haven’t finished the bulk of your shopping, hopefully this list helps you cross your guy off your list!

8 gifts under $80

Bluetooth headphones, $52

These are over the ear headphones designed for exercise; compatible with Android and iOS
screen-shot-2016-12-14-at-7-22-23-am

Phone Case with extra battery for iPhone 7, $50-80

This item is customizable (2 wallet alternatives or an extra battery)
screen-shot-2016-12-14-at-7-23-43-am

The Ridge Wallet, $65

Slim, sturdy, holds the essentials, replaceable elastic, and blocks RFID (wireless theft)Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 8.08.33 AM.png

Eddie Bauer Jeans (with flex fabric) $42

I love these because of the 2% elastane, which provides great flexibility in the fabric
screen-shot-2016-12-14-at-7-25-17-am

Leather Gloves (with finger touchscreen ability) $51-68

Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 7.25.57 AM.png

Video Game for PS4 and Xbox One  $50-60

Voted Best FPS (first-person shooter) of 2016
Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 7.26.19 AM.png

AAA Emergency Roadside Kit, $26

We could all be a little more prepared for a disaster right? haha
Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 8.16.51 AM.png

Scotch, $79.99

scotch

• Charissa December 15, 2016 at 2:55 am

I think my husband would choose the bluetooth headphones!

• Nostalgia Seekers December 15, 2016 at 4:23 am

Great list of ideas! I like that the post was written by your husband 🙂

• stephanieloomispappas December 15, 2016 at 11:27 am

I like your idea to turn your gift list over to your husband! At the same time, I often think of Steve Jobs’ point that people don’t know what they want until you show it to them. It would be interesting to see how your gift list differed from his. What did the lists have in common? What did he think of the list you wrote?

• houseofmitchells December 17, 2016 at 11:45 pm

Totally a good point – and one that I use for most things for him; birthdays, anniversaries, whatever else. But this year I really just kinda thought it would be fun to see what he knows he really wants 🙂

• Sharon Chen December 15, 2016 at 11:51 am

Awesome list! The Ridge Wallet looks great 🙂

• suzanne December 15, 2016 at 12:34 pm

Such a great idea to have your husband compile his list! Love it.

• Chanel van Reenen December 15, 2016 at 5:44 pm

I love that you had your husband write this! so genius! my husband would literally want all of these