Men's Gift Guide, written by him

December 14, 2016 No Comments

Men's Gift Guide, written by him

December 14, 2016 No Comments

img_2152

I started compiling a “men’s gift guide” earlier this month and it occurred to me midway through that it might be helpful to get a man’s perspective. I trashed my gift guide and asked my husband to compile one. Full disclosure, my husband is by no means a fashionista. He’s an engineer and he’s kinda low maintenance, other than his difficulty finding a good jean (he’s 6’5”, slim waist). When I reviewed his picks, I was glad I did this because there are items on here I never would have included. If you’re like me and still haven’t finished the bulk of your shopping, hopefully this list helps you cross your guy off your list!

8 gifts under $80

Bluetooth headphones, $52

These are over the ear headphones designed for exercise; compatible with Android and iOS
screen-shot-2016-12-14-at-7-22-23-am

Phone Case with extra battery for iPhone 7, $50-80

This item is customizable (2 wallet alternatives or an extra battery)
screen-shot-2016-12-14-at-7-23-43-am

The Ridge Wallet, $65

Slim, sturdy, holds the essentials, replaceable elastic, and blocks RFID (wireless theft)Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 8.08.33 AM.png

Eddie Bauer Jeans (with flex fabric) $42

I love these because of the 2% elastane, which provides great flexibility in the fabric
screen-shot-2016-12-14-at-7-25-17-am

Leather Gloves (with finger touchscreen ability) $51-68

Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 7.25.57 AM.png

Video Game for PS4 and Xbox One  $50-60

Voted Best FPS (first-person shooter) of 2016
Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 7.26.19 AM.png

AAA Emergency Roadside Kit, $26

We could all be a little more prepared for a disaster right? haha
Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 8.16.51 AM.png

Scotch, $79.99

scotch

• Charissa December 15, 2016 at 2:55 am

I think my husband would choose the bluetooth headphones!

• Nostalgia Seekers December 15, 2016 at 4:23 am

Great list of ideas! I like that the post was written by your husband 🙂

• stephanieloomispappas December 15, 2016 at 11:27 am

I like your idea to turn your gift list over to your husband! At the same time, I often think of Steve Jobs’ point that people don’t know what they want until you show it to them. It would be interesting to see how your gift list differed from his. What did the lists have in common? What did he think of the list you wrote?

• houseofmitchells December 17, 2016 at 11:45 pm

Totally a good point – and one that I use for most things for him; birthdays, anniversaries, whatever else. But this year I really just kinda thought it would be fun to see what he knows he really wants 🙂

• Sharon Chen December 15, 2016 at 11:51 am

Awesome list! The Ridge Wallet looks great 🙂

• suzanne December 15, 2016 at 12:34 pm

Such a great idea to have your husband compile his list! Love it.

• Chanel van Reenen December 15, 2016 at 5:44 pm

I love that you had your husband write this! so genius! my husband would literally want all of these

• Had the best Sunday celebrating the birthday twins 👯 🎂 Today @ktrec and tomorrow, @laurenerickson1027. I’m sure glad these two babes were born 34 years ago...these girls are my sunshine on a cloudy day ❤️ ⛅️ swipe for some major throwbacks ➡️
    • Fridays are for flashbacks, so here I am 26 years young after I had just said my vows to the love of my life @ryancurtismitchell. My bouquet was so heavy, my forearms were sore for days afterwards 💐🏋🏻‍♀️😂
    • “The days are long but the years are short”
💫
Today I’ve been reflecting a little bit on time as we approach the year 2019; just one year shy of the year 2020, which kind of boggles my mind when I sit and really think about it. 💫
How has it really been that long? I had Porter in 2013 when I was 28 years old and in so many ways it feels like yesterday. How am I in my mid thirties already? How was college graduation literally 11.5 years ago? How is it that Ryan and I have been together for 10 years and married for 6? 💫
My 92 year old grandmother often tells me she doesn’t feel 92 and I’m really starting to understand. I guess all we can do in this life is appreciate every moment because in a blink of an eye, we will wonder how that said moment was so long ago. 💫
This also makes me think about how life is too short to spend time with negative people or drink bad wine. And also I need to get some Botox. 😂🍷💉
    • I graduated from high school in 2003, so I vividly remember the days of film/photo albums. As digital cameras and social media took over, printing photos became kind of a rare thing for me to do. I’ve had so many scares where I think digital photos have been lost forever and I personally know people who have tragically lost precious baby/wedding photos 😭. So when I got the opportunity to partner up with @google using Google Photos, I was intrigued! On my phone and within literally FIVE minutes, I was able to create this album of our trip to Maui from over the summer. It was the easiest thing ever using the Google Photos app, cost about $20, and they have free standard shipping until 12/12! This album has already been a coffee table conversation piece and my kids have been fondly reminiscing our trip 😍. My new normal is definitely to have Google Photo albums! These are also awesome Christmas gifts 🎁🤩#googlephotos #photobooks #googlepartner
    • Christmas magic through their eyes ✨🎄🎅🏻
    • Yesterday we had our first parent-teacher conference for TK and it turned out to be much more thorough than I would have imagined. It was so amazing to hear feedback from his teacher about this boy we’ve been trying to mold & raise for the past 5 years. So many things said about him that made me just beam with pride, but the most profound praise was that he exhibits an unusual sense of empathy and compassion for others. If there was any one trait in this world I could hope for my kids to have, it would be that❤️ #portercurtis
    • Porter: I wish it was Saturday.
Me: Why?
Porter: So I can be here and do hugs with you all day.
Porter said this to me as I was hugging him. He went from driving me crazy (arguing with basically everything I say all day, urrrday) to making me cry with his sweet words. Hello emotional roller coaster 🤪😭😍❤️
    • When you rush into your toddler’s room because of the silence and find this 🤷🏻‍♀️. I don’t even know who you are anymore Presto 😂 #prestonhenry #thisistwo
    • Thankful for these goofs today and everyday 💙💙 #porterandprestonm #builtinbestfriend @dianaelenaphotos