Holiday Gift Guide for the Exhausted Mom

November 30, 2016 No Comments

Holiday Gift Guide for the Exhausted Mom

November 30, 2016 No Comments

shutterstock_461104135-jpg
I’m in the trenches of sleep deprivation, so this gift guide is a reflection of my life haha. Husbands, if your wife is tired (which let’s face it all moms are tired) this list will help her feel a little more rested, rejuvinated and appreciated! Everyone knows the saying “happy wife, happy life,” so this list is my Christmas gift to you…

Staycation (tell her to go for one night with her girl friends)

I recently did this and we stayed at the Westin Sacramento; It was local, but happens to be off the beaten path near the Sacramento River and various wineries such as Bogle Vineyards, Scribner Bend and the Old Sugar Mill; we felt soooo rejuvenated after just 24 hours of relaxation time

Spa or nails gift card (include a note about how you’ll watch the kids)

I hardly ever feel like I have the time to get my nails done anymore, but always feel so much better after I do; a massage at a local spa would be even better

Maid service

Weekly, bi-weekly or just a one time deep clean; ANYTHING would be much appreciated – trust me on that

Gift card to her favorite store (again, include a note about watching the kids)

Surprise date night “save the date” card

Plan EVERYTHING from the babysitting to the restaurant reservations; tell her to go get her make-up done beforehand so she can feel extra pretty (Mac will do it for free)

A bottle of her favorite wine

If she doesn’t have one but likes wine, anything from Rombauer, Runquist and Frank Family is a safe bet; I’m also a huge fan of Butter Chardonnay

A Keurig

There’s nothing worse than a night of no sleep than a night of no sleep plus waking up to no coffee; snag this one to make her mornings a little easier

A cute coffee to-go mug

Like this Kate Spade one I started using mine at home because I was tired of microwaving my coffee 7,246,376 times each morning; kids make it impossible to drink coffee in a timely fashion

Drop in daycare gift card

The one I’ve used is Kids Camp, but just Google “drop in daycare + your city” to find your local ones; I recommend doing a temperature check with your wife beforehand to make sure she’s comfortable leaving her kids in said daycare

• Steph November 30, 2016 at 3:34 pm

I would gladly accept any of these!

• tiffanybean November 30, 2016 at 4:00 pm

Emailing this to my hubby right now! He needs to make me a coupon book with all of these ASAP. Thanks for the amazing ideas

• Belle November 30, 2016 at 4:00 pm

Yes, yes, yes to all of these! A day off is always nice but my husband would always tell me I couldn’t stand being away from the kids for a whole day and he’s absolutely right, so I would only do hours off. It’s still refreshing.
    One Awesome Momma

• workingmommyabroad November 30, 2016 at 7:52 pm

Yes please for all of these!!

• Bethany December 1, 2016 at 12:26 am

I love this list!!

• savagesevenblog December 1, 2016 at 12:39 am

First off, my youngest son’s middle name is Preston! Secondly, these are beyond great gifts not just for christmas but as just because gifts too. Great selection! -Breyona Sharpnack

• Jasmine - LoveLifeLaughMotherhood December 1, 2016 at 1:47 am

Yes to all of these, but especially gift cards to a nail salon or spa-gives mom some time to pamper

• 1StopMom (@1stopmom) December 1, 2016 at 4:17 am

A staycation is a great idea. Even though my kids are teenagers I have taken a few of these.

• Alicia Snow December 1, 2016 at 5:18 am

Umm yes to the staycation! That would make my life! Great list!

• lovelyluckylife December 1, 2016 at 3:48 pm

Literally all of these would be heavenly – great list! Hope you get one or two of them 😉

• emma December 1, 2016 at 6:42 pm

I would love a maid service – even if it was for a one-time thing!

• Had the best Sunday celebrating the birthday twins 👯 🎂 Today @ktrec and tomorrow, @laurenerickson1027. I’m sure glad these two babes were born 34 years ago...these girls are my sunshine on a cloudy day ❤️ ⛅️ swipe for some major throwbacks ➡️
    • Fridays are for flashbacks, so here I am 26 years young after I had just said my vows to the love of my life @ryancurtismitchell. My bouquet was so heavy, my forearms were sore for days afterwards 💐🏋🏻‍♀️😂
    • “The days are long but the years are short”
💫
Today I’ve been reflecting a little bit on time as we approach the year 2019; just one year shy of the year 2020, which kind of boggles my mind when I sit and really think about it. 💫
How has it really been that long? I had Porter in 2013 when I was 28 years old and in so many ways it feels like yesterday. How am I in my mid thirties already? How was college graduation literally 11.5 years ago? How is it that Ryan and I have been together for 10 years and married for 6? 💫
My 92 year old grandmother often tells me she doesn’t feel 92 and I’m really starting to understand. I guess all we can do in this life is appreciate every moment because in a blink of an eye, we will wonder how that said moment was so long ago. 💫
This also makes me think about how life is too short to spend time with negative people or drink bad wine. And also I need to get some Botox. 😂🍷💉
    • I graduated from high school in 2003, so I vividly remember the days of film/photo albums. As digital cameras and social media took over, printing photos became kind of a rare thing for me to do. I’ve had so many scares where I think digital photos have been lost forever and I personally know people who have tragically lost precious baby/wedding photos 😭. So when I got the opportunity to partner up with @google using Google Photos, I was intrigued! On my phone and within literally FIVE minutes, I was able to create this album of our trip to Maui from over the summer. It was the easiest thing ever using the Google Photos app, cost about $20, and they have free standard shipping until 12/12! This album has already been a coffee table conversation piece and my kids have been fondly reminiscing our trip 😍. My new normal is definitely to have Google Photo albums! These are also awesome Christmas gifts 🎁🤩#googlephotos #photobooks #googlepartner
    • Christmas magic through their eyes ✨🎄🎅🏻
    • Yesterday we had our first parent-teacher conference for TK and it turned out to be much more thorough than I would have imagined. It was so amazing to hear feedback from his teacher about this boy we’ve been trying to mold & raise for the past 5 years. So many things said about him that made me just beam with pride, but the most profound praise was that he exhibits an unusual sense of empathy and compassion for others. If there was any one trait in this world I could hope for my kids to have, it would be that❤️ #portercurtis
    • Porter: I wish it was Saturday.
Me: Why?
Porter: So I can be here and do hugs with you all day.
Porter said this to me as I was hugging him. He went from driving me crazy (arguing with basically everything I say all day, urrrday) to making me cry with his sweet words. Hello emotional roller coaster 🤪😭😍❤️
    • When you rush into your toddler’s room because of the silence and find this 🤷🏻‍♀️. I don’t even know who you are anymore Presto 😂 #prestonhenry #thisistwo
    • Thankful for these goofs today and everyday 💙💙 #porterandprestonm #builtinbestfriend @dianaelenaphotos