Holiday Gift Guide for the Exhausted Mom

November 30, 2016 No Comments

Holiday Gift Guide for the Exhausted Mom

November 30, 2016 No Comments

shutterstock_461104135-jpg
I’m in the trenches of sleep deprivation, so this gift guide is a reflection of my life haha. Husbands, if your wife is tired (which let’s face it all moms are tired) this list will help her feel a little more rested, rejuvinated and appreciated! Everyone knows the saying “happy wife, happy life,” so this list is my Christmas gift to you…

Staycation (tell her to go for one night with her girl friends)

I recently did this and we stayed at the Westin Sacramento; It was local, but happens to be off the beaten path near the Sacramento River and various wineries such as Bogle Vineyards, Scribner Bend and the Old Sugar Mill; we felt soooo rejuvenated after just 24 hours of relaxation time

Spa or nails gift card (include a note about how you’ll watch the kids)

I hardly ever feel like I have the time to get my nails done anymore, but always feel so much better after I do; a massage at a local spa would be even better

Maid service

Weekly, bi-weekly or just a one time deep clean; ANYTHING would be much appreciated – trust me on that

Gift card to her favorite store (again, include a note about watching the kids)

Surprise date night “save the date” card

Plan EVERYTHING from the babysitting to the restaurant reservations; tell her to go get her make-up done beforehand so she can feel extra pretty (Mac will do it for free)

A bottle of her favorite wine

If she doesn’t have one but likes wine, anything from Rombauer, Runquist and Frank Family is a safe bet; I’m also a huge fan of Butter Chardonnay

A Keurig

There’s nothing worse than a night of no sleep than a night of no sleep plus waking up to no coffee; snag this one to make her mornings a little easier

A cute coffee to-go mug

Like this Kate Spade one I started using mine at home because I was tired of microwaving my coffee 7,246,376 times each morning; kids make it impossible to drink coffee in a timely fashion

Drop in daycare gift card

The one I’ve used is Kids Camp, but just Google “drop in daycare + your city” to find your local ones; I recommend doing a temperature check with your wife beforehand to make sure she’s comfortable leaving her kids in said daycare

• Steph November 30, 2016 at 3:34 pm

I would gladly accept any of these!

• tiffanybean November 30, 2016 at 4:00 pm

Emailing this to my hubby right now! He needs to make me a coupon book with all of these ASAP. Thanks for the amazing ideas

• Belle November 30, 2016 at 4:00 pm

Yes, yes, yes to all of these! A day off is always nice but my husband would always tell me I couldn’t stand being away from the kids for a whole day and he’s absolutely right, so I would only do hours off. It’s still refreshing.
    One Awesome Momma

• workingmommyabroad November 30, 2016 at 7:52 pm

Yes please for all of these!!

• Bethany December 1, 2016 at 12:26 am

I love this list!!

• savagesevenblog December 1, 2016 at 12:39 am

First off, my youngest son’s middle name is Preston! Secondly, these are beyond great gifts not just for christmas but as just because gifts too. Great selection! -Breyona Sharpnack

• Jasmine - LoveLifeLaughMotherhood December 1, 2016 at 1:47 am

Yes to all of these, but especially gift cards to a nail salon or spa-gives mom some time to pamper

• 1StopMom (@1stopmom) December 1, 2016 at 4:17 am

A staycation is a great idea. Even though my kids are teenagers I have taken a few of these.

• Alicia Snow December 1, 2016 at 5:18 am

Umm yes to the staycation! That would make my life! Great list!

• lovelyluckylife December 1, 2016 at 3:48 pm

Literally all of these would be heavenly – great list! Hope you get one or two of them 😉

• emma December 1, 2016 at 6:42 pm

I would love a maid service – even if it was for a one-time thing!